April 18th, 2017 By Don Farrow in Blog.
Discovery Bay is nestled in the California Delta, a great area for fishing. If you love fishing, having waterfront property in Discovery Bay gives you the opportunity to make these popular catches:
- American Shad: a good fish for smoking, caught in late April and early May
- Black Bass: a sought-after tournament fish in the Delta
- Catfish: a common fish, and considered very good eating
- Crayfish: small shellfish that are easy to catch in traps
- Salmon: a tasty and popular fish
- Striped Bass: the most popular fish in the Delta
- Sturgeon: a fish that dates from the Triassic period
Whether you enjoy fly fishing, pier fishing, or fishing from a boat, Discovery Bay offers a great fishing experience for you.